We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio part of the Take-Two Interactive family. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. Our team of Game-Makers based in sunny Barcelona are on a mission to create fun, exciting games and have fun doing it!
You’ll be a part of a team working on a new unannounced project in the Match3 with narrative genre!
What will you do in Social Point?
- Be a key member of a multi-disciplinary squad, tightly cooperating with Art, Engineering, and UI/UX
- Work closely with the narrative team to bring storyboards to life
- Create quality cutscenes using our proprietary tool in Unity engine by controlling characters, animations, dialogues, expressions, cameras and more!
- Proactively seek continuous improvement for the game and the cutscene development process (efficiency, tool, workflow and more!)
- Own the cinematic experience for our players with a great attention to detail for final cuts
- Self-review and test your work within the game to make sure it meets production standards
- Maintain an open and professional demeanor regarding direction, changes and shifting requirements.
This is you
- Passionate about video games and film.
- You have a creative mind and a passion for visual storytelling with a great sense of composition and timing
- You demonstrate an understanding of 3D camera work, knowing how to frame, compose and animate cameras within a real-time engine
- You have a technical knowledge allowing you to adapt to different workflows and tools
- Proactive team player with excellent communication skills, high energy and a positive attitude.
- Great focus, organization and attention to detail. You’re able to identify and think critically about problems and opportunities in the process and drive solutions.
- Experience with Unity or other real time game engines
- Happy to receive constructive feedback and address in the game
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Prior experience as a generalist 3D artist with knowledge of 3D animation
- Prior experience scripting cutscenes a plus
- A showreel of prior CGI or other cinematography work a plus
- Knowledge of the mobile F2P market and specifically Match3 + Narrative
- Cross-disciplinary experience: animation, motion graphics or editing
What's in it for you as a Socialpointer?
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office in Barcelona so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- You’ll get the newest & most powerful devices & equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays!
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, just in case!
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here)
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet)
- Monthly meal allowance
- Yearly parent pack
- Free Language Lessons.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you & our internal mobility program offers real growth opportunities!
If you choose to work in the office some days, don’t worry - we have you covered. Check out some of our benefits tied to the office;
- Want to stay in shape? We have state of the art gym facilities so you can level up your fitness game.
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet).
The list just goes on & on... so get your game on & apply now!
Do you want to level up? Press start.
Please make sure you share your motivation by answering a few questions while applying (we are grateful for these extra 3 minutes!) and forget about sending us your cover letter, if you want.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time!
We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.