The Production Accountant will be a key strategic partner responsible for the financial management of our series, features, pilots and specials produced by our animation, live action and broadcast departments.
Qualified applicants will have a resume that strongly demonstrates their ability to perform the Responsibilities & Qualifications listed below.
*In this climate of constant change, candidates must be able to work and telecommunicate from home, as well as be able to work onsite if/when that becomes an option.*
- Be the functional expert, demonstrating ownership of all daily, weekly, monthly aspects of production accounting, including vendor payments, time cards, maintaining staff time reporting tools, distributing reports to production leads, purchase card reconciliation, and fielding accounting related requests from production teams to provide and present clear, accurate and timely production planning scenarios and analysis to both Producers and cross-functional teams during the life cycle of production.
- Partner with the cross-functional teams to create and manage production schedules and budgets and develop relationships with production, accounting, finance and legal teams to provide excellent, consistent support.
- Collaborate with Producers to quickly estimate and evaluate production health against milestones and data metrics.
- Adapt to changing scenarios, anticipate problems and recommend solutions.
- Review production related expenses; identify potential areas for budgetary risk and opportunity for process implementation and/or improvement.
- Be the process owner of applying for, tracking, and managing tax incentive opportunities that are available.
- Ensure proper accounting of all costs, record keeping is accurate and well documented, vetting invoices against contracts and deliverables to provide appropriate audit controls.
- Onboard freelance production accountants for productions when required.
- Drive consistency across the business in controls, procedures.
- Produce periodic production finance deliverables including: ledger bibles, cost reports, balance sheets, check registers, and purchase orders, to ensure accuracy and strict policy adherence.
- Bachelor’s degree, BS in finance or accounting preferred
- At least 5 years in a senior production accounting role
- Proficient with Movie Magic Budgeting and experience working with payroll providers, particularly Entertainment Partners In-depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
- Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced production environment.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Superior communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working with Film Commissions to leverage production tax incentives
- Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a corporate environment.
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Use What You Need paid time off
- 401(k) with a company match
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company.