At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is looking for talented Senior Developers whose skill set combines technical excellence with a passion for making games. You will be working as a member of the design team with a focus towards exploration and open world content and system design. You will be required to engage with a range of game programming areas such as system programming, network programming and data management. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's state of the art studio in Carlsbad, California.
WHAT WE DO
- Our team creates a wide variety of open world and exploratory experiences. Additionally, we create tools to facilitate said authoring, improve iteration times and increase the productivity of all teams within the design department.
- We assume responsibility for programming design systems and content which is often complex and intricate. That responsibility also extends to the analyzation and optimization of code.
- Our ability to implement design centric systems directly allows us to quickly iterate on new features and ideas, often with less of a dependence on the programming team.
- As our systems affect many other teams and departments, we are proficient in both inter- and intra-studio communication, relying on and providing feedback to other teams, ultimately empowering us to create the immersive worlds we are known for.
- Work with the global design team to architect, engineer, and implement new content and design systems as well as improve existing content and systems.
- Liaise with multiple departments and studios to create and/or extend our content, systems, and tools.
- Create and/or maintain content, systems and tools while managing strict deadlines against the needs of other developers.
- Provide clear and detailed reports of bugs to design and other teams.
- A Computer Science or Game Design degree with a programming focus is considered an advantage. However, relevant experience is taken into consideration.
- At least four years of game design/programming experience.
- Worked on at least one AAA title as a Technical Game Designer or Gameplay Programmer.
- An online portfolio with examples of your work. Please include code examples.
- Strong programming skills within the scope of an object-oriented language.
- A strong understanding of top-down design, object-oriented programming, design patterns, and game design principles.
- Excellent communication, technical & problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with proven ability to deliver on deadlines.
- Passionate about open world content, systems, and methodologies that will support a team that is similarly passionate about creating games.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, positive, and personable, with the ability to work as part of a team and inspire others.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work based on changing schedules and feedback/critiques with a detail-obsessed eye for quality.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Ability to architect, engineer, and implement clean and concise gameplay systems.
- Prior experience working in medium to large sized development teams.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.