Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As an Engineer on the Search & Discovery Platform team (S&D) at Roblox, you'll be part of the founding engineers building and powering S&D use cases across Roblox. Simply said, you will influence how Roblox's next billion users will discover the best content on Roblox's platform. You will also work with folks on the team to solve Search specific problems. As a Principal Engineer, you'll work with multiple teams, help influence project decisions, and mentor junior folks on the team.
- Help shape and build the next generation platform helping different teams provide search and recommendations for immersive experiences, avatar items, user-generated content, finding friends, groups, game creation, and more.
- Ensure that our systems and can scale to meet the demands of our Imagination Platform to ensure our players have a seamless experience anywhere in the world.
- Work with engineering and data science engineers for recommendation and ranking to improve the technology and models that guide recommendations.
- Experienced with at least 9+ years in building scalable, available, distributed backend applications.
- Someone who has architected with microservices architecture, REST, gRPC, Git, TDD, and more.
- Someone who loves coding and design.
- Experienced with one or more modern programming languages such as C#, C++, Java.
- Fluent with SQL and No-SQL concepts and design.
- A collaborative team player who enjoys working with others.
- Someone who will report into the Search and Discovery organization.
You May Have:
- Experience building or working on a recommendation system or search backend (a huge plus).
- Experience working with public clouds such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass