Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
Announced by Nintendo in January 2019, Retro Studios is currently in the midst of developing Metroid Prime 4 for the Nintendo Switch.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Work with Senior Recruiter and hiring managers to obtain and represent position requirements.
- Craft and send recruiting emails to candidates as well as keeping recruiting team informed at all stages of sourcing
- Interact with potential candidates on social media and professional networks (i.e., LinkedIn)
- Identify high-caliber talent qualified against position requirements using various sourcing techniques and present those candidates in an organized, trackable way for hiring managers and recruiters
- Develop high-quality talent pipelines for future hiring needs
- Coordinate interview logistics, including scheduling, travel, and Zoom interviews.
- Facilitate effective and close communication between the candidates and recruiter.
- Provide administrative support to Recruiter, including creating offer letters and new hire packet generation.
- Partner with HR/Operations to ensure smooth new hire onboarding.
- Monitor and proactively maintain recruiting resources.
- Move candidates, disposition candidates, and close requisitions in our applicant tracking system (Taleo).
- Other duties assigned as requested*.
*This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and detail-oriented skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions, and change course of action quickly
- Exceptional professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills with a detail-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrable high level of integrity required.
- A proactive hospitable attitude
- Able to maintain confidentiality and interface with individuals at all levels, both inside and outside the organization.
- Strong initiative. Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimal supervision
- Proven experience designing and implementing new processes; a passion for process and achieving efficiencies, a plus
- High proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel required.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Passion for gaming
Retro Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.