Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to join our Star Wars FPS Team. You'll report to the Lead Gameplay Engineer and help us deliver our next incredible experience for players!
- Research, evaluate, and decide on technologies the team will use
- Work closely with designers and artists to gather requirements and develop features
- Proactively identify issues, propose and implement solutions
- Mentor other engineers on the team
- 4+ years of experience with C++
- Experience working in highly collaborative environments
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for making and playing games
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience working with consoles
- Experience working on an FPS
- Shipped 1+ AAA title
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): $143,150 - $221,750
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo): $130,600 - $221,750
- Jersey City, NJ : $130,600 - $221,750
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs): $130,600 - $181,850
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane): $130,600 - $210,000
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.