About Pocket Worlds
Pocket Worlds is a mobile gaming company that focuses on the power of games to connect people. We build deep, rich games that are social by design and last for decades. Our first game, Highrise, is a creative virtual world where people make avatars, express themselves, and create deep friendships along the way. Over 10 million people have already joined the world of Highrise, and it's growing faster every day.
We're a completely remote company with a diverse set of employees spanning 16 different countries. We are connected by a singular mission of building amazing games that bring our players together, and we live by our values, which you can read here.
Join our world-class team who've shipped amazing products for Apple, Google, Electronic Arts, Zeptolab, Nanobit, and other top gaming companies.
About the Role
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a self-starter who has a strong drive to improve with little supervision, and you enjoy fast-paced iteration. You have an eye for fun UI/UX design, and are always on the hunt for ways to enhance user experience. While you’ve got a good amount of experience already, you’re not afraid to jump into a new challenge.
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to have...
- Able to independently operate with high-level objectives
- Extensive work experience as a Front-end Developer, or in a similar role
- Comfortable working with other teams and other technologies
Additionally, you’re keenly aware of the needs of a younger audience and easily iterate on feedback from your team and users alike.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Designing and implementing new user experiences will be key among your responsibilities
- Design and build out the presence of Highrise on web
- Translate concepts into mockups and convert them into intuitive user experiences
- Iterate and improve the current UI with your own expertise
- Work closely with the back-end team to share requirements and identify potential issues
- Collaborate with product managers and software engineers to gather and evaluate requirements
- Identify and troubleshoot design problems, and iterate and enhance UX based on user feedback and your own professional input
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT! :D
- When it comes to design, you know exactly how to make an experience fun and intuitive. You’ll have the creative freedom to see your ideas through from mockup to product!
- We’re entirely remote and work asynchronously, so you can do your best work whenever and wherever you’d like
- You’ll get to help shape the look and feel of the project. We’re a small team, but growing fast!
- You’ll get to see your baby go from an idea to a product and be enjoyed by millions of people around the world
- Home office stipend. Haven't worked remotely before? We offer a generous stipend to help you set up a productive workspace.
- Competitive salaries and significant equity.
- Unlimited Vacation policy. Time off is important - we encourage you to take the time you need.
- Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self improvement. We've set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.