Phoenix Labs is looking for a player focused Community Manager to support our North American marketing efforts. This role focuses on communication with players on the frontlines of social media and other channels. The ideal candidate will also possess creativity, a data-driven passion for experimentation, and a firm grasp of internet social dynamics. They champion their players within the studio, and also reflect feedback back to the community. They constantly seek to build trust and open communication between players and the studio.
Phoenix Labs is a dynamic, inclusive studio, and we pride ourselves on our ability to continually improve and take on new challenges. You will be joining a diverse team including individuals in multiple locations and countries.
This is a full-time permanent position located in our Los Angeles studio. Currently, some of our team is working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our people safe, however, once we are able to return to normal work conditions this role will be onsite.
- Day to day monitoring and operation of community conversations, social channels, forums, and online presences
- Grow existing social followings and launch on new and emerging platforms
- Build, maintain, and execute a community content calendar
- Monitor tone community conversations and uphold brand reputation
- Collect player feedback and translate it internally as insights.
- Monitor trends and deliver regular community reports including sentiment tracking
- Represent the studio at industry and social functions, as well as through online streaming and social platforms
- Author community content, including copywriting and creative content plans
- Identify and act on emerging opportunities and social trends
- 1-3+ years of game-specific community and social media management
- Experience working with gaming communities. Live service game community experience is highly preferred.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills, including on camera.
- Passionate about being data informed. Leverage data to make informed decisions, as well contribute to this practice across the team.
- Proficient with Excel or Google Sheets.
- Active online gamer and social media participant
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Experience with publishing platforms (SocialBakers, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, etc.)
- Familiar with HTML, markdown, and CMS.
- Proficient with basic Adobe Photoshop tasks
- Esports experience
- Experience working in an Agile setting
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.
Phoenix Labs is headquartered in Vancouver, BC, with studios in Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.