Programmer Manager GSG
Paradox Development Studio is looking for someone who wants to combine being a manager with being a programmer.
About the Role
You will be a manager first and a programmer second. Work is split to allow for 20%-40% programming time and you will move between the projects where your managed employees work. This allows you to see their day to day work situation, experience what problems they have and give them feedback based on first hand observations.
As a manager you will coach, guide, and collaborate with a group of highly talented and motivated C++ game developers that build and expand on our successful Grand Strategy Titles.
We value trust and ownership and as a manager you will use trust based leadership to help us form a great programming team of highly autonomous people.
As a programmer you will implement features and fix issues on our projects and help improve our code base. In your work you will collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team of programmers, designers, artists, and producers.
You report directly to the Tech Director and will work together to shape the culture and future of our tech team.
Chances are that you are a programmer that would like to get the opportunity to work more with people as a manager or that you’re a manager but have been a programmer and would like to get back to do some programming again.
As a person/manager you are pragmatic, want to get things done and get your energy from seeing your team solve problems and constantly improving in achieving the studio goals. You are a good coach & mentor and have an interest in improving processes.
- Management of 8-12 programmers, including regular 1:1 meetings, development talks, salary setting and promotional evaluation.
- Mentoring and coaching developers to help them grow in their roles.
- Promoting a healthy and diverse work environment where all kinds of people can thrive.
- Recruitment of new developers, including holding interviews, reviewing applicants, iterating on our process and training our developers so they can be included in the process.
- Supporting projects with C++ programming.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience with C++.
- Previous experience as manager. Alternatively experience as a lead.
- Passion for computer games, strategy games is a plus.
- Comfortable communicating with English, both written and spoken.
- Experience with technical product development (game dev preferred)
- A strong desire to build high performing programming teams that can work autonomously.
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.