Senior Full Stack Developer
Painted Lemur Studios is looking for full-time developers to work in our eSports Revolution® studio on our main eSports social network site. This will involve maintaining existing functionality, as well as adding new features and functions as required by the product management team.
- You must be able to learn quickly and communicate with technical and non-technical business contacts professionally with a strong English language capability, both oral and written.
- Focus on delighting our members and customers with expert developmnent results in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Learn the underlying technical architecture of our applications, and be able to analyze change requests and the impacts of the changes to determine how to accomplish them.
- Conduct daily written and verbal interaction with the development team to interpret requirements, designing, defining and implementing solutions.
- Monitoring the performance of the live applications.
- Advanced server debugging, advanced stack understanding. Understand issues surrounding analysis, tuning, scalability, high availability and concurrency of the application platform and hosting infrastructure and work alongside the wider operations team towards these goals.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or in another discipline with a significant programming component.
- Minimum 5 years experience in software development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Moderate skills in one or more of French, German, Korean, or Japanese also an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to operate individually and as part of an Agile team; effectively set expectations, manage work and deliver results.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Work From Home during COVID-19.
- 5+ years of experience designing and building web applications, web services, or developing large software systems
- 5+ years of experience with Symphony PHP Framework.
- Writing code using Object Oriented design patterns.
- Knowledge of how to design effective Web based user interfaces using UX best practices (defining end user personas, journey maps, workflows and wireframes).
- Solid understanding developing RESTful and Websockets based web service APIs.
- Strong understanding of web application development, including application design, session management, security and performance.
- Confident with responsive techniques to build mobile first website and web applications.
- Familiar with web standards and accessibility. Able to integrate reasonable accessibility best practice into development.
- Familiar with web security best practices, integrating them into development.
Languages / Scripting / Frameworks
- HTML5, CSS3, TWIG
- Linux (Debian / Ubuntu)
- Mac OS
- Windows (7-10)
Applications / IDEs
- Mississauga, Ontario
- Work-from-home temporarily due to COVD-19.
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
While we do maintain offices in Mississauga, we are using remote collaboration technologies to continue working together from home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- software development: 5 years (Required)
- PHP: 5 years (Preferred)
- Symphony: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Greater Toronto Area, ON (Required)
- English (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19