The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
We are looking for an energetic, motivated, and smart software engineer with a passion for networking technologies and experienced in developing systems software. You will be responsible for development, architecture, and research of networking solutions for Nintendo’s game systems. The candidate should have strong programming and communications skills.
- Develop, maintain, architect, and design embedded networking software.
- Research complex subjects and provide expert guidance.
- Develop new features, perform performance analysis, optimize systems, and diagnose failures.
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering; MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred.
- 8+ years of software development in C/C++ programming.
- Significant experience with C programming specifically.
- Significant experience with multithreaded and multi-core software development.
- Significant experience with performance-oriented programming.
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP, socket kernel implementation, and socket API programming.
- Strong data structures and algorithms knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Preferred knowledge of layer 2/3 networking, IPv4/IPv6, and standard network protocols (e.g., NAT, DHCP, & DNS)
This is not a remote opportunity and you will be required to work onsite in Redmond, WA