Come onboard and help shape how real world mobile games and apps are positioned and presented to the world. As Senior Director of Marketing, Asia Pacific and Tokyo Studio, you will have the dual set of responsibilities to both lead our APAC regional marketing efforts for our mobile app portfolio and to guide our global product marketing strategies for all-new mobile apps being developed at our Niantic Tokyo Studio, including our newest title developed in collaboration with our partners at Nintendo: Pikmin Bloom. Niantic’s mobile apps and games are distinct from typical apps, and so is our marketing strategy.
During your time here, you’ll manage a team of skilled, savvy and hardworking marketers to conceptualize and develop impactful consumer-facing campaigns, lead all aspects of the marketing strategy for global franchises being built at our Tokyo Studio, and collaborate with executives, cross-functional teammates and external strategic business partners. And, most meaningfully, you’ll have tons of fun while doing it, contributing to Niantic's vision of enabling the "....real-world metaverse...." for consumers to authentically engage in and enjoy.
- Create, drive and measure global marketing campaigns and the corresponding impact they have on our broader business and product goals, ensuring online data and performance measurement is established upfront.
- Lead the Asia Pacific regional marketing team, working closely with global marketing counterparts in the U.S. to ensure high-impact campaigns are developed and implemented in key countries including Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.
- Lead the Tokyo Studio global marketing team, working closely with both your product partners and regional marketing counterparts in the Americas and EMEA to solidify product positioning, author key messaging, and identify relevant target audiences that will provide the foundational components for both soft launch and global launch planning.
- Define and implement go-to-market, engagement & retention strategies in close coordination with fellow marketing colleagues (ie, Community Management, Performance Marketing, etc) and cross-functional partners such as Product Management, Business Development, Operations, Communications, Legal and PR.
- Nurture relationships with key business partner executives in Japan, and drive global alignment on major marketing initiatives.
- Build and manage the global marketing budget. Conduct return on investment analyses on all campaigns and apply takeaways to future programs.
- Assist business development teams in creative pitches to partners; help author and develop partner marketing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 14+ years of relevant marketing experience in areas, including:
- Product positioning strategies that factor in market dynamics and user insights.
- Paid media campaign strategy and management including creative development, agency selection, media planning & buying, campaign tracking and optimization.
- Direct marketing, marketing program management, or marketing consulting.
- Social media marketing
- Familiarity with community management, engagement and live event strategies a plus.
- Guiding a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to coordinate dynamic projects with internal and external partners.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive-level presentations.
- Deep understanding and passion for Niantic’s mission and values.
- Proficient in English language
- You have an MBA.
- You have a familiarity with Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Pikmin Bloom.
- You are proficient in G-Suite.
- Japanese language proficiency is a major plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.