WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room.
NetherRealm Studios is looking for an Associate Software Engineer to work on core technology. The Associate Software Engineer would assist with editor changes and other system support for the Next Gen consoles as well as other specific features defined by the Director of Technology.
As an Associate Software Engineer in the KoreTech group, you will help us further extend and innovate key technology for our heavily modified Unreal engine. You will utilize and extend your experience with a wide variety of engine technology, including memory management, animation, rendering, build tools, and more. The Associate Software Engineer should have a passion for constantly exploring and mastering new areas of a video game engine. Tasks will range from graphics and animation work to toolset development and parallelism, with a focus on setting the groundwork for next-generation development.
- A minimum of 1 year game industry or related programming experience.
- Experience with a wide variety of engine technology, including memory management, streaming, rendering, animation, editors, build tools, and more.
- Must be able to work closely with designers, artists, and programmers to develop compelling technology that enables innovative game systems and features.
- General knowledge of Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4 development is a plus.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- B.S. in computer science, computer engineering or other relevant field.
- Excellent C++ mastery and skills. The ability to write highly efficient and optimized code.
- Unreal engine experience a plus.
- A passion for video games.
- Strong desire to build industry-leading technology
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected]