This is your chance to be at the forefront of Netflix's new offering of Video Games.
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment. We connect people globally with movies and shows by delivering outstanding content and technological innovation through the world's leading streaming entertainment app, with 220 million paid memberships in over 190 countries.
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and now they can enjoy an expanding collection of Netflix curated and produced Games.
At Netflix, we have an insatiable need to continually improve our product experience and the creative elements that support it, providing great value to our members, and this team sits at the forefront of the effort.
About the Job:
As Senior Game Designer for External Games, you will work directly with the producers to support our developers in building the highest quality games. Ownership of the game and tactical systems design is with the game developers, however, you will provide guidance and feedback throughout the game’s development cycle.
- Work with Producers to provide developers with design, art, audio and narrative feedback to ensure we are making the best games
- Capture, communicate and align creative priorities, risks and opportunities to help guide our games to creative excellence
- Understand and speak to the game pillars (who is the player, what does the player do, why does it matter) for a wide variety of genres and audiences
- Work with external developers to ensure the Netflix IP is represented correctly within game adaptations including tone and creative considerations
- 7+ years experience, with proven experience developing games in a game design or creative leadership role (social, F2P, mobile, web, console, handheld)
- Experience working with distributed or external teams
- Ability to influence direction, without relying on positional authority
- An excellent knowledge of game design difficulties generally encountered by teams, and an understanding of how to tailor solutions to their unique requirements
- A record of leading complex cross functional projects with successful delivery of quality in design, art, audio and narrative
- Experience with Live Service, GaaS or retention oriented design
- Licensed game experience a plus
- You have a proven track record of guiding teams that excel both creatively and strategically to create great work
- You are able to build strong relationships - positioning yourself as a valued partner in meeting company objectives
- You are an advocate for the player, connecting needs states, insights and innovations to tangible game mechanics
- You are comfortable working with frequent context switching and ambiguity
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume, high-impact environment
- You are entrepreneurial, self-motivated and embody Netflix's culture of high performance, curiosity, freedom and responsibility