Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for players that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that's collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive.
We’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a Senior Engine/ Engine Systems Engineer who’s passionate about building extraordinary new experiences that inspire others. You’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Building, refining, and improving core engine features that enable amazing player experiences
- Developing engine- and systems-level features for multiple platforms
- Profiling and optimizing systems to deliver stellar performance on console hardware
- Porting features to PlayStation + Xbox and making sure they achieve PC parity
- Prototyping and productizing new console-exclusive features
- Collaborating with design, art, and production to realize a shared vision of the game
- Identifying, designing, and maintaining tools that improve artist and designer workflows
- Contributing to a team culture that prides itself on excellence, innovation, trust, and respect
- A love for playing and making amazing games
- A minimum of 5 years of programming experience, including at least one shipped PC or console title
- Professional-level knowledge of C / C++ and at least one console SDK (either PlayStation or Xbox)
- Self-motivated, with great time management skills, and eager to contribute to many different areas of development
- You enjoy working and collaborating with skilled contributors from multiple disciplines to build great player experiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, with great time management skills
- Willing to take risks and learn from failure
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Multiple shipped console titles on both PlayStation and Xbox
- Experience with GPU and CPU profiling tools
- Experience working on networked multiplayer games
- Experience with rendering, shader development, and graphics
- Experience with camera control, animation, and physics
- Experience supporting a live service title
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance (100% of employee premiums paid, 90% of dependent premiums paid)
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote-work Friendly
*Specific perks (benefits) are applicable to regular, full-time employees only (benefits are not applicable to contractors). Benefits are determined by country of residency and are in compliance with local, state, and country regulations.*
$100,000 - $145,000 a year
The estimated salary range for this role is $100,000 - $145,000 USD plus equity.
Individual salary and equity packages are determined based on location, level, relevant education, training, qualifications, and/ or experience.
Mountaintop Studios Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Mountaintop Studios Inc. participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Mountaintop Studios Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during the employment process. If you are in need of accommodations during the employment process, please contact HR for assistance at [email protected].