Level up your career with MobilityWare, one of mobile gaming’s leading publishers of card and puzzle games. With our headquarters in the heart of Orange County and a brand new studio in Utah, we’re dedicated to our mission of bringing joy to others one game at a time.
Ever since our flagship title Solitaire hit the Apple App Store on the day it opened in 2008, MobilityWare has been entertaining gamers around the world. With a product portfolio that includes beloved hits such as FreeCell, MONOPOLY Solitaire, Spades, Hearts, Mahjong, and Bubble Shooter Pop, our games have been downloaded over 400 MILLION times.
MobilityWare was recently named one of Built in LA’s Best Places to Work for the second year in a row and we’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Orange County five times by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register. While we’re proud to be the company behind some of mobile gaming’s most popular titles, our most important achievement is creating a work environment that encourages professional growth and prioritizes the wellness of all of our team members.
MobilityWare is looking for a passionate, fun, talented, and experienced art leader to guide the visuals of a portfolio of mobile games, including an exciting new game in development. We need an art leader who has been through pre-production many times before and enjoys a highly collaborative environment. You will be responsible for generating and implementing an inspiring vision for the studio to rally behind. You will lead and mentor a diverse team of artists, including technical artists, UI/UX artists, and illustrators. You will report to the VP in charge of the studio.
- Mentor and inspire a talented team of artists across all disciplines to create high quality art for all games in the Studio.
- Own and oversee development of all visuals, including characters, UI/UX, style guides, key art, and animations. Drive the creative vision for an exciting, innovative game planned to soft launch in 2022.
- Manage external partners to deliver the highest quality art assets within budget and schedule constraints.
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and marketing to create compelling visuals across our product line.
- Manage the overall art production pipeline from concept art to Unity game engine implementation.
- Provide strong artistic vision to communicate game design ideas and features to stakeholders.
- Work closely with peer directors to build a high performing leadership team for the Studio.
- 8+ years video game development experience, 2+ years as an Art Director
- 5+ years’ experience working on mobile games for Android and/or iOS
- Art related college or university degree: BA or BFA
- Extensive portfolio displaying diverse artistic skills
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of asset creation for video games, including modeling, texturing and animation
- Very strong Unity experience. Must have developed and shipped titles using the Unity game engine.
- Strong sense of layout, composition, graphic design, color, font, typefaces
- People management experience including writing annual reviews and career development plans for artists
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills
Do we have your attention yet? Here are just some of the perks of working with us:
- We offer medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and profit sharing incentives around a 401K.
- Annual, all inclusive company trip for you and a guest. Previous destinations include Hawaii, a Mexican Riviera Cruise, and Las Vegas. This year we’re going to Los Cabos!
- We promise to keep you fed when we’re back in the office. We offer things like free lunch, free snacks, and free drinks.
- Casual workplace that includes a relaxed dress code, plus a newly remodeled office in the heart of Irvine.
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride.
- Annual Game Jam to show off your creative chops!