ABOUT MISFITS GAMING GROUP
MGG is an interactive entertainment and lifestyle company powered by creative formats, connecting to younger audiences through multiple touch points. From our popular media and social channels to IRL experiences, an innovative gaming studio, and our competitive esports teams, we thrive at the intersection of gaming, media, and culture. Misfits empowers each of our world-class talent to realize their own unique creative vision — Misfits is a metaphorical playground, empowering them to engage and entertain our global audience. We seek talented individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment and emulate positivity, humility, and heart in everything they do. We are a team of misfits who dare to be different and commit to being agents of change in the gaming industry.
The Creative Lead is chronically online and has a passion for entertainment in the digital landscape. This position is responsible for generating our longer-form digital content concepts around provided thumbnail and title deliverables. The Creative Lead must be an enthusiastic collaborator, not bringing ego or ownership to their ideas but rather providing them for the benefit of the team to build upon.
This position reports to the Directive of Creative Development and works closely with a small team of creative individuals and production partners, and is responsible for the creative integrity of a greenlit concept through production and post-production.
- Participates in brainstorming sessions and brings new creative ideas to the table for Misfits channels
- Demonstrates an intimate understanding and passion for YouTube / digital space with an eye for both content and development
- Accountable for taking titles and thumbnails/hooks from the programming team and developing them into engaging content
- Develops creative presentations and mood boards to help bring concepts to life ideas and tell stories
- Amends and redevelops ideas after feedback
- POC for creative during pre-production and production and oversees the creative vision as it was greenlit
- Notates fine cut of all videos and provides feedback to ensure the best creative delivery
- Works closely with the Director of Development to source new and fresh perspectives to bring into the creative room for future cycles
- Works on creative problem-solving for prospective and sold brand integrations
- Completes detailed research to understand the competitive landscape and best practices from other relevant platforms/channels and embed these learnings into your plan and concepts
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in film production or other related fields is highly recommended
- 4+ years of video production or similar creative environments
- 2-3 years of experience working with creators/influencers
- Strong understanding of YouTube algorithm and ability to build that into a creative vision
- An active presence, passion, and understanding of YouTube / digital space
- A true team player who’s extremely dependable, bringing passion and never ego to the table
This full-time position has the flexibility to be remote or based in Boca Raton, FL. If remote, the individual hired is expected to travel to the HQ in Boca Raton frequently.
Must be available to travel to external events, productions, and meetings after business hours due to the nature of the entertainment business. Travel will be required for this role; however, no more than 30%, including domestic and international locations, is expected.