Founded in Montreal in 2007, Ludia, a Jam City Company, is one of Canada's leading mobile video game studios. Our ambition: to become a part of everyone’s life, to spark the flame of their imagination, and make a positive impact on their daily lives. That is why we work hand-in-hand with the world's leading entertainment franchises and dedicate ourselves to creating the best in mobile gaming every day. Awarded Montreal Top Employer 2021, at Ludia there is always room to express and grow ideas, to have a real impact on projects but also to be nourished by the sharing of cultures, visions, and expertise of all.
For us, mobile is a real opening to the future, incredible growth potential, and stimulating technological challenges to take up. It's the perfect answer to our ambition to anchor ourselves in people's daily life. Match 3, Geolocation, Narrative Game, Builder, our portfolio includes diverse and high-quality games that leverage world-renowned brands such as; Jurassic World™: Alive, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Dungeons & Dragons™, Dragons: Titan Uprising, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, and many more to come, not to mention our very own IP Lovelink!
FLEXIBILITY AT HEART:
Flexibility at Ludia, it's lived 100%. You’d like to enjoy the creative excitement of our beautifully redesigned offices in Old Montréal? You’d rather stay in the comfort of your own home anywhere in Quebec? Or the idea of having the best of both worlds is what sparks a light in you? it's entirely up to you! Our Flex program is 100% flexible from day to day, designed for your daily well-being!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a talented Game Director for our Montreal studio! The Game Director is the product and business owner of a game. The GD is expected to be intimately familiar with best-in-class product and design philosophies, and able to lead by example “in the trenches” driving and communicating a clear vision in a highly collaborative environment. A successful GD will rally and motivate a team of artists, engineers, designers; as well as bolster confidence from company executives by consistently delivering positive results.
- Be the single point of accountability for every aspect of your game’s development.
- Own the analysis of game KPI's, UA performance data, user testing, and market trends.
- Convert ideas into communicable and actionable flows and specs: create design documents, wireframes, flows and clear feature documentation and with measurable success criteria.
- Have a masterful ability to balance the needs of the product, game team, studio and company initiatives.
- Actively manage the game’s P&L with an eye for consistent profit growth and cost reductions.
- Partner with company and studio executives to ensure financial targets are met and exceeded.
- Be on top of industry trends and the competitive landscape to continually evolve our thinking and product standards.
- 5+ years in mobile free to play including 3+ in a leadership role.
- Shipped multiple titles in a creative role with a minimum of 4 mobile projects released.
- Experienced a full production from inception to live-ops of a high-profile f2p casual game.· Proven skills designing online and social game features.
- Highly proficient in all aspects of game design: from initial concepts to design workflow to feature specs to economy tuning.
- High understanding of player mindsets especially regarding user experience, monetization and playability.
- You are highly analytical, excellent modeling skills, masterful understanding of complex systems, good statistical skills.
- Product Management skills to track the KPIs of the features released and improve them.
- You are a team player, comfortable working with designers and business performance professionals from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Ability to prototype, wireframe and wire flow ideas.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
Cause we take good care of our Ludians !
- A 100% flex environnement: from your home, from our offices in the center of the Old Montréal, or in a hybrid mode
- Flexible hours
- Social events to connect
- Healthy breakfast, coffee, and tea, and offered lunch
- Access to our Gym and to its in-person and virtual classes starting on your first day
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM
- An impressive health plan and virtual medical assistance are available 24h/24h
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral, and bonus programs.
Ready to unleash your potential?
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
At Ludia we welcome, support, and celebrate diversity. We are committed to providing an environment that fosters inclusion and respect for all. We thus encourage women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a disability, and or part of any marginalized group to apply for our positions.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn
- Company Blog
- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
- Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.