Insomniac Games is looking for a Mid-to Senior level Animator to join our team. This Animator would be responsible for creating high quality animations of 3D characters, weapons, vehicles and cameras for both gameplay and cinematic sequences. If this is of interest to you – keep reading!
Essential Duties And Responsibilities Include The Following
- Creates high quality gameplay and cinematic animations using hand key animation and motion capture data.
- A working knowledge of cinematography and editing skills, as well as use of sound in animation
- Successfully implements characters using all the necessary tools including proprietary software
- Ability to manipulate motion capture data within Maya and Motion Builder to achieve desired performance while maintaining the integrity of the base mocap data.
- Ability to animate a variety of facial expressions and performances.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, covering all basic animation principles and techniques.
- At least two years’ experience working with motion capture to create in-game and cinematic performances that go beyond the underlying motion capture and exude personality.
- Knowledge of Maya, and common production programs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Motion Builder is a plus.
- Proficiency in and Adobe Premiere as well as working with sound and music is a plus.
- Knowledge of common state machine flow in any game engine is preferred.
Other Skills: Demonstrated understanding of basic animation principles including squash and stretch, timing and motion, anticipation, staging, weight, and appeal. A fundamental understanding of creating animation content for video games. Works well in a highly collaborative environment with other animators, designers, and programmers, as well as the ability to communicate effectively and take direction well
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please use the “Apply Now” button below. Be sure to include your updated reel- Thanks!