(Closed) Community Manager
IKON, a fast-growing esports startup company, was founded by a team of experienced software industry veterans and entrepreneurial gamers who are on a quest to revolutionize the way esports enthusiasts interact with each other.
What we do:
IKON is a gaming challenge platform that connects players and communities through competition. Creators like Trick2G, Manute, and Tarzaned have their own IKON channels where they post amazing challenges and highlights. Players can follow their channels to compete in challenges and post highlights of their best (and worst) game moments.
What we are looking for:
People who are passionate about gaming and understand the communities of each of the biggest games on our platform, notably League of Legends, Fortnite, PUBG, and more. We’re passionate gamers, brilliant geeks and die-hard techies who are thirsty to excel at everything.
As a Community Manager, you’ll be IKON’s ambassador to gaming communities across the globe. You’ll support users and answer their questions and concerns, you’ll report bugs and solve problems to improve their user experience, and you’ll get to know our users to discover what they care about most. Our hope is that you will build meaningful and impactful relationships with our users to better understand them and their needs.
Ideally, you have a background in customer service, and you’re already an active member of multiple gaming communities. A major portion of our users speak Spanish, so being fluent in Spanish is a huge plus.
- A Magician – You have a charming personality and you’re kind to every user. Knowledge is your strongest feature and you’re always thirsty for more.
- A Tank – You’re resilient and calm. You’re not afraid to take a hit and able to endure obstacles.
- A Sniper – You never miss a target. You know where to find it and how to hunt it down.
- An Assassin – You’re an executioner. Goal-driven, focused and time-efficient.
- A Vet: You have experience in customer service and you know how to support an affiliate streamer, a partnered one, and can speak to the differences between them. This is the type of work you live for, and you’ll be able to articulate that passion through past projects and goals.
- A Gamer: You have a deep understanding of esports titles and you know the ins and outs of the gaming & esports industries. This understanding not only translates to playing games, but the communities that love them as well.
- Able to read/write in Spanish. You can communicate with users in the United States, Mexico, Spain, Venezuela, and Argentina effortlessly, and you understand gaming culture in each of these locations.
- Help build and shape a thriving community of Streamers, professional players, teams and their fans.
- Foster and build relationships directly with users and identify ways to improve their experience.
- Monitor and moderate user-generated content within our site and social media outlets.
- Provide comprehensive reports on community feedback, issues, concerns and trends to stakeholders in order to address the communities’ needs.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at once.
Please include a resume and cover letter. We’ll notice a well-written intro that shows us you mean business. Bonus points if streamers or content creators vouch for you and know who you are. There are plenty of opportunities for growth within an exciting company as you excel!