The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability.
An Associate Animator at The Gearbox Entertainment Company joins the Animation team with a heavy focus on character animation and is responsible for authoring stunning animation content, collaborating with other animators, and closely adhering to production schedules. The ideal candidate for this position demonstrates animation prowess, a strong drive to grow and improve, and refined interpersonal skills. The Associate Animator reports directly to the Animation Lead.
- Create blockings, placeholders, and fully polished keyframe animations
- Clean and polish motion capture data with high fidelity
- Ensure animations delivered reach the project’s quality expectations
- Prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Actively contribute to team meetings, team post-mortems, and other team exercises
- Remain flexible regarding shifting production priorities
- Create high-quality cinematic animations
- Work in JIRA to provide status updates and show task progress
- Assist in motion capture direction or shoots
- 0-3 years of industry experience with a Resume and Demo Reel to review
- Autodesk Maya expertise
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented; must have the ability to interact and collaborate with all
departments and disciplines
- Understanding of animation production techniques and processes
- Good technical knowledge of UE4 or other game engines
- Experience with task tracking software such as JIRA
- Experience with Mel / Python Scripting (Maya), UE4 Blueprint, and 3DS Max
- Experience with version control systems (Perforce, Subversion, Git, etc.
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.