Gamesight is looking for a strategic, detail-oriented Controller with a record of managing both the delivery of financial reports, the creation of forecasts, and tax compliance to meet our growing financial requirements. You will manage the day-to-day operations of our finance function, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. You will collaborate with all teams across the business, developing processes and controls for efficiency, accuracy, and completeness of financial information reported to management and external parties. Our ideal candidate will see the opportunity to help the broader organization adopt a set of standard financial processes and goals as a tremendous contribution to Gamesight’s success. Using The Office’s accounting department as a reference point - we’re looking for someone with Angela’s attention to detail, Oscar’s problem-solving skills, and Kevin’s enthusiasm. You don’t have to love cats or chili, but you’re a great fit if you love video games!
What you'll do:
- Full Cycle Accounting: record all business transactions in Quickbooks, customer invoicing and collections, AR and AP management, balance sheet reconciliation, and the monthly preparation of financial statements.
- FP&A: Create annual budgets and quarterly forecasts. Create and produce monthly internal reconciliations, budget to actuals, variance analysis, monthly schedules, etc., to the leadership team to keep them up to date on the financials on an ongoing basis.
- Cash management, cash flow reporting, analysis, and forecasting.
- Field all internal financial queries and contribute to our ongoing assessment of the financial health and direction of the company.
- Field all customer and vendor queries as they relate to finance and billing.
- Bring our financial statements into compliance with GAAP. Implementing for the first time and maintaining technical accounting such as stock comp expense, cap dev, rev rec, and deferred sales commission. Ensure adherence to GAAP, as well as research and document accounting policies on complex emerging matters.
- Ensure that the general ledger and accounting systems (including the chart of accounts and all dimensions) are designed and maintained to capture and report the appropriate financial data to ensure timely and consistent with GAAP.
- Lead our accounting software (QBO) and expense management platform (Brex) integration project. Ensure that all of the accounting and operations systems talk to one another whenever possible.
- Partner with the Head of People & Operations to maintain our HRIS (Gusto), ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, administer benefits, and process semi-monthly payroll for W-2 and non-US based employees.
- Oversee preparation of quarterly and annual federal and state income tax returns and other tax compliance filings, and coordinate all tax research/projects.
Who you'll work with:
- You’ll support the CFO on financial activities and projects.
- Expect to sit with the CEO to understand our organization, business model, and some of our quirks (that need to be un-quirked).
- Work with the CRO to resolve customer inquiries related to billing and invoicing and help build accurate sales forecasts based on accounting data.
- Partner with the Head of People & Operations to maintain our HRIS, ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, and administer benefits and payroll.
- Collaborate with other team members on the sales, campaigns, and creator program teams to process customer, creator, and partner contracts, invoices, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA and minimum 2 years of Controller experience required (public company experience preferred, not required). ➗
- Prior experience in finance at a SaaS organization - bonus points for previous start-up experience! 🆙
- History of scaling and process improvement for finance and accounting operations. 📈
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills. 🕵🏽♀️
- Fantastic communication skills, both written and verbal. 💬
- Ability to work well and manage one’s time effectively in a remote, fast-paced, and rapidly changing work environment. 🚤
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail. 👀
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines. 💪
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information. 🔐
- Love of video games, tabletop games, the gaming industry, and/or content creation! 🎮
Success in 30 Days:
- You are aware of Gamesight policies, guidelines, teams, and roles.
- You can access all tools and resources required for you to be effective – you also understand how to use these tools within Gamesight’s processes.
- You know Gamesight’s leadership team and are comfortable routing questions to the right people.
- You understand Gamesight’s current accounting set-up, and our financial position, and have familiarized yourself with recent financial reporting.
- You complete month-end-close and produce financial statements.
- Gamesight empowers publishers to build strong communities, engage the right influencers, and effectively measure marketing performance against actual sales and installs. 📈
- Work with a team that gets shit 💩 done in a flexible and independent environment.
- Work closely with major game developers and publishers and assist them in launching some of the world's most successful and loved games. 😎
- Work with gaming's top influencers and the communities that make games great.🏆
- Enjoy perks like medical, vision & dental coverage, flexible unlimited vacation and sick leave, 401(k) with 3% matching, a learning budget, and more! ✨
- Laid back + remote work environment, virtual game nights, Magic: The Gathering drafts, Destiny raids, and more! 🎮💥
We value diversity and welcome applications from talented individuals in many regions; however, please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States will be considered for full-time employment.
If you are selected for the position but do not possess the necessary authorization to work in the United States, we may offer you the opportunity to work with us as an independent contractor.
🎮 Gaming is our core - We live and breathe gaming, creating tailored solutions and anticipating customer needs. Our expertise in data and marketing creates value, but it's our shared passion for the business of games that builds lasting relationships. And as gamers, we have fun while we work!
🚀 Our customers’ growth is our obsession - We're committed to our customers' success and use our expertise and data to help them grow. Our best customers are long-term partners who return year after year. Our goal is to make Gamesight renowned for surpassing expectations and delighting those we work with.
🧙 Data is our magic- We are pioneers in data analytics, discovering insights that transform businesses and inspire the games industry. We never stop inventing, seeking new ways to interpret how communities form, games are played, and products are discovered.
🤝 Teamwork makes the dream work - We value diversity in backgrounds, ideas, and skills as it enhances our problem-solving ability. Our team is collaborative, supportive, and accountable. We build trust with each other to work quickly, stay flexible, learn from setbacks, and achieve more together.
Equal Opportunity: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We're strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.