Flaming Fowl Studios is an independent studio that rose from the ashes of the renowned Lionhead Studios. We create games that feature deep and interesting strategic experiences with fascinating twists and always include a healthy dose of humour.
Our next project is a brand new and exciting AAA quality, strategic turn-based RPG for which we are looking for a talented Artist to join our ranks and help us create something awesome. Although the company is registered in the UK, we operate remotely so are looking for developers located all over the globe.
Flaming Fowl is built on a foundation of respecting quality of life over everything else. We are a fully distributed team, working flexible hours and currently have team members from all over Europe. If you are fed up commuting, fed up being micromanaged and want to define your own hours then this is a great opportunity to become a core member of a growing studio but with all the flexibility of working from anywhere in the world.
We are looking for a talented artist that is comfortable working in all areas of the art team and significant experience working in Unreal.
Your duties will include:
- Produce new 3D environment and prop assets when required
- Integrate art assets from yourself and other team members into the game engine, ensuring that everything is working correctly
- Polishing existing levels and assets
- Creating and setting up additional variations of existing assets
- Integrate, set up and test character assets in-game
- Bug fixing, troubleshooting and optimisation, ensuring game is running efficiently
- Present, review and discuss work online
- Implement feedback from Lead Artist and Directors
- A relevant degree and/or an outstanding portfolio/demo that showcases their ability
- 1 shipped title on consoles/ PC
- Expert general knowledge of Unreal production and art pipelines
- Excellent and efficient 3D modelling skills
- Expert knowledge of a current 3D modelling package, preferably Maya
- Strong Zbrush and Substance Painter skills
- Excellent 2D art skills with ability to follow an illustrative art style
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop
- Good all-round technical art skills
- A good understanding of node-based material graphs (eg Amplify shader editor)
- Ability to R&D new techniques if required
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Understanding of performance limitations and ability to optimise without compromising on quality
- A true passion for video games and the desire to create high-quality experiences
- Highly motivated with a proactive attitude and the ability to work in a team
- Ability to manage time well and deliver high-quality assets on time and on budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Understanding of simple rigging/skinning
- Good understanding of lighting techniques
Initially, this will be on a long term contract with the possibility to convert to a permanent position.