First Contact is looking for a Tech Animator to help take our Characters, Weapons, and Pipeline to the next level. The ideal candidate is a problem solver, a creative thinker, and is up for the challenge in making the best AAA VR title possible.
- Collaborate with animators, artists, designers and gameplay programmers to deliver characters that are satisfying to play and engaging to look at.
- Set up characters, weapons etc, using Unreal Engine, to be ready for integration into gameplay.
- Utilize tools techniques from both the authoring and real-time pipelines to deliver characters, weapons and objects that are highly-functional, dynamic and robust.
- Develop rigging and deformation solutions using our, Maya based, scripted rig build system.
- Develop and maintain animation and asset tools to improve the efficiency of our rigging, deformation, and animation pipeline in Maya.
- Utilize animation tools within the Unreal Engine to achieve the best representation of our characters, weapons and props in game.
- 3+ years experience in games or related fields.
- Expert knowledge of Maya tools and architecture.
- Working experience with Unreal Engine, including Blueprints.
- Proficient with Python scripting in Maya
- Solid math skills, with a good understanding of how matrices and vectors work.
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats and problem solving both in DCC and in Unreal Engine.
- Ability to self manage tasks as well as communicate effectively with multiple departments in an ongoing fashion.
- Must love games and be excited about the future of VR.