DTC Merchandising Manager
Exploding Kittens is a leading game and entertainment company with a mission to inspire people to connect, laugh, and play fun games in the physical world. After initially seeking to raise $10k through Kickstarter, Exploding Kittens’ campaign raised $8.7M in 30 days from 219,000 backers. To date, Exploding Kittens is the #1 most-backed project in Kickstarter history and the company has sold over 11 million games.
Started by former Xbox game designer Elan Lee and The Oatmeal’s founder Matt Inman, Exploding Kittens and its family of games recreates game night for a humorous and fun person-to-person experience. Today, there are over a dozen games and expansions available for purchase: Exploding Kittens, Bears vs Babies, You’ve Got Crabs, Throw Throw Burrito, On a Scale of One to T-Rex, Poetry for Neanderthals A Game of Cat & Mouth, Tacocat Spelled Backwards, A Little Wordy, as well as mobile app games Kitty Letter and Exploding Kittens, one of the top 30 premium games on both iOS and Android.
Exploding Kittens is in the process of completing a full redesign and relaunch of our direct-to-consumer ecommerce website. As part of this initiative, we are seeking to hire a DTC Merchandising Manager to join our growing and fast-paced team. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating between internal and external stakeholders, leading new product launches on schedule and on budget, maintaining existing product details, overseeing site merchandising, profitability and site optimization. This role reports directly to the marketing Senior Acquisition Manager.
Ecommerce is a critical component to the company’s overall growth strategy and our ideal candidate is an experienced project manager who is incredibly detail-oriented and has managed merchandise on direct-to-consumer ecommerce websites. Additionally, you are an individual who has a great passion for product, data, and creating amazing and fun consumer experiences.
HOW YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
- Manage and oversee new and existing products and features on the company’s global direct-to-consumer ecommerce website
- Develop a site optimization strategy and calendar to drive short and long-term improvements
- Develop innovative omni-channel merchandising strategies focused on delivering both sales and customer experience goals
- Liaise cross-functionally between Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Service and Creative departments to ensure that products are launched on time, within budget and scope
- Lead new item setup and guide PDP page aesthetics
- Site merchandising including implementing new promotional offers, product bundles, gifts with purchase, user journey experiences, product positioning strategies based on sales performance
- Product profitability analysis
- Work with the digital marketing team to ensure a seamless customer experience between all of our digital properties, including paid and organic social, email/SMS and ecommerce
- Analyze other site metrics such as AOV, repurchase rates and recommend website interface changes to help drive sales
WHAT WE NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience in DTC merchandise planning
- Extraordinary analytical, organizational skills and exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex processes, multiple technical platforms and cross-departmental projects with several teams
- Understanding of customer service, supply chain, fulfillment and operations processes
- Deep experience with Shopify Plus, Google Analytics, Google Suite and other analytics tools required
- Proven track record in successfully leading product launches through cross-functional collaboration and 3rd party partnerships
- Self-starter who thrives in a diverse, entrepreneurial, fast-paced and agile culture; experience at a start-up preferred
- A proactive “do-er” with a point of view and a clear approach to measuring, analyzing and presenting data---providing actionable recommendations
- Familiarity with A/B testing including program development and performance measurement
- A friendly-team player with a positive attitude, passion for games & entertainment who can take and give feedback (no egos)
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and shift focus between multiple time sensitive projects
- Preferably based in Los Angeles (though currently WFH until mid-2021)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible spending account options (medical, dependent care, transit)
- 401k with company matching
- Flexible paid vacation
- Monthly wellness benefit + complementary wellness subscriptions
- Complimentary lunches on Fridays (where we play games together!)
Please apply directly at jobs.lever.co/explodingkittens. Make sure to include a PDF of your current resume along with a cover letter.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer we are committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunity to applicants and employees regardless of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race (including protected hairstyles such as dreadlocks, braids and twists), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression and/or the fact that an individual is transgender, transitioning or transitioned), color, ancestry, national origin, possession of a driver’s license, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/trait/condition, marital or familial status, family care or medical leave status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, membership in military reserves, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation We consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state and federal “ban the box” and “fair chance” laws.