(Closed) VFX Technical Artist Internship
Epic Games Special Projects Team is looking for a smart, creative VFX Technical Artist Intern to join them for summer 2020. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The Special Projects VFX team is responsible for technical art and visual effects across a wide range of demos, tools, and projects, from high end raytracing to Fortnite technology and tools. It is responsible for the industry leading realtime VFX tool, Niagara, and creates forward looking technology for all Unreal Engine 4 users.
- Generate sample effects and content for Niagara which will be given to all UE4 developers
- Develop new modules and behaviors inside of Niagara
- Assist with shipping, high quality visual effects for upcoming demos and new technology
- Participate in R&D on new, unexplored features and behaviors
- Demonstrated vfx skills and interest.
- Have a technical mindset and be unafraid of both the art and technology behind VFX, shaders, and the technology behind them.
- Experience using UnrealEngine visual effects tools such as Niagara, Cascade, and the Material Editor
- Bonus points for candidates with experience in Houdini/VEX or HLSL
- Candidates will be required to provide a portfolio of relevant work. If you do not submit a portfolio your application will not be reviewed.
This is a paid internship, running May 26 through August 14. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Cary. Intern recruitment for summer 2020 roles will run through February 2020, or until teams find an ideal match.
This is going to be Epic!