Multiple Locations: Galway, County Galway, Ireland Guildford, England, United Kingdom Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
As part of the EAX Studio Partners and Integration team, you will be part of the EAX team that inspires the strategy and implementation of EA's network helping EA's community of players connect to one another and to the games they love to play. Our work includes aspects including EA; in-game experiences and strategies to connect players across platforms; EA Play, our cross-platform subscription; the EA App; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies. You will work with some of the most cutting-edge technologies on the market today while supporting the development team in its effort to release outstanding solutions for the automation team.
What do we do?
- Build and support internal tools to provide modern, automated and effective Quality Verification for a suite of products on multiple platforms.
- Create value through creative problem solving with an engineering mindset to collaboratively achieve incremental change that enables the shipping of high-quality stable software for great player experiences.
- You will work with development and quality verification teams in an Agile Scrum environment to design, develop, deliver, own and improve reliable tools, tests, and platforms
- Advocate for quality and keep the development team accountable.
- Design and deliver new tools to support development and quality verification goals
- Maintain test libraries and scripts and device testing hardware
- Uphold high-quality standards through knowledge sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community
- Develop tools and systems to support testing or development.
- Implement our Automation Strategy to a high standard of quality
- Test your work and provide reliable, defect-free code that instills confidence in the automation suite
- Help set the technical direction of the team and facilitate productivity improvements to our engineering workflows
- Communicate the progress with all of our development partners and other partners on our goals and strategy
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in Test - automated testing for modern web apps and services (using Selenium, Appium, and related tools)
- Experience using or building software testing frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with common development tools such as:
- Git, IDE's (ie: Visual Studio, Intellij, Visual Studio Code), JIRAGit, IDE's (ie: Visual Studio, Intellij, Visual Studio Code), JIRA
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education and work experience
- Experience working with front-end technologies like React
- Experienced with building RESTful APIs with .Net Core or Node.js
- Experience with GraphQL, C++, and Web Servers
- Experience and desire to mentor junior team members
- Knowledge of test-driven development
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.