We are EA
EA inspires the world to play, and the Worldwide Localization Team makes that happen! We are accountable for delivering the high-quality localized versions of our titles to over 30 countries around the world. You will find a vibrant, multicultural environment with a great mixture of professionals. From software engineers, project managers, testers to audio, text and linguistic specialists, each employee has an important role to play. EA has built a cutting-edge Localization powerhouse that covers the needs for both current and next-generation platform.
We are hiring a Data Science Intern for our Localization Analytics team. Loc Analytics’ mission is to support and foster the use of data from all perspectives, along with the development of policies and procedures for the monitoring and active management of data in EA Localization. And our means include building data science products and solutions, such as natural language processing, speech to text, computer vision and many others.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about applying AI/ML to real-world problems. Our intern will help us research and solve new problems, so we’re looking for someone who has the creativity to research new solutions, and who has the drive to see their project through to completion. As an intern at EA, you will work closely with your mentor to learn about your project, receive guidance, and share your work. You’ll have opportunities to meet other interns at EA, work with stakeholders, and present your work to leaders at EA.
- Research, design, implement, and validate models.
- Work with Advanced Multi-lingual NLP techniques on different domains
- Perform advanced statistical/machine learning analyses on customer databases and other sources.
- Manipulate and process data, and create data visualizations to aid in your modeling efforts.
- Work with game teams/partners (internal clients) to understand their offerings/domain and create data science products and solutions to solve for their use cases.
- Communicate and present results to business leaders, product managers, analysts, and others throughout the organization.
- Implement and share new methodologies.
- STEM-related major.
- Experience with applied statistics or machine learning.
- Fluent in Python.
- Knowledge of at least one Deep Learning framework (e.g: Pytorch/Tensorflow)
- Experience using SQL or other query languages.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to create compelling stories for executives.
- Strong ability to build partnerships and collaboration across teams.
- A willingness to learn, share, and improve.
- Ability to drive projects through to completion.
- Interest in games is a big plus.
- Start Date (approx.): Jun 2022
- Duration (Months): 6+6 Months
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.