Senior UI Programmer
Does the challenge of creating an exciting AAA Free to Play game at a new studio excite you? Here at DPS Games you have the chance to join a new creative project at the early stages of game development. You can leave your mark on the game and be part of creating something truly unique.
We are self-publishing our own title, and are fully funded by Wargaming.net, one of the biggest publishers of FTP games in the world. Our studio leadership are industry veterans, and we believe we’re building a great studio culture in the best studio space in Guildford. If you think you have the talent to join a world class team, we’d love you to come and look at our studio.
The role will involve working on the UI elements of a free-to-play UE4 based PC game. You will work alongside the meta and gameplay teams, your lead and designers to implement various UI features both in the front-end and in-game.
Based in Guildford, DPS Games is looking for exceptionally skilled developers to assist in the creation of worlds in the next big free-to-play PC title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
In this role, you will help to inspire and create gameplay for a new & exciting project aimed at a Western audience.
The candidate will have to be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to work closely with all disciplines to create and be responsible for the crucial communication between player and game.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
This position is based in Guildford and you will report to the Lead UI Porgrammer
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Design and implement the HUD for the core gameplay
- Design and implement the game front-end interface system.
- Work closely with the UI art and UX teams to balance performance, visual impact and usability.
- Communicate with backend services for dynamic and persistent player and game data.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 4+ years developing user interfaces in the games industry.
- Solid C++ skills
- Unreal 4 development experience
- Loves working in cross-discipline feature teams
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
WHAT ADDITIONAL SKILLS WILL HELP YOU STAND OUT?
- Experience working with UMG
- Experience developing for PC, as well as different console platforms
- Experience working with networked multiplayer games
- Experience working with highly distributed teams
- Experience operating a live free-to-play game service
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!