Dimensional Ink Games (DIG) is a Daybreak Game Company studio located in northwest Austin with a view of rolling hillsides. Our studio is centered around bringing comic adventures to life. You own your destiny in our games, and in your career here. We are a team that believes in passionately working towards our goals. Our core goal is developing DC Universe Online, and we plan to continue making it one of the best superhero video games available. We are building teams as diverse as our ideas, and you are invited to join in the adventure with us as we explore new worlds and characters year-round!
At DIG, We Live Our Values Every Day; These Values Guide Our Culture And Shape How We Approach Each Other And Our Work
- Innovative Ownership: Be an owner, build owners We know that to succeed means to fail but fail wisely and come back better. Don’t do something just because it’s always been done that way. Be open to learning from all sources and be willing to teach all. Work smart and pursue your craft with passion.
- Empathy: Walk in their shoes We take the time to see from the perspectives of our team members and our players. We care deeply, behave positively, and communicate candidly. Emotional intelligence allows our team to act with respect and appreciate each another (and ourselves).
- Collaboration: See the best idea, not have the best idea We are better together than by ourselves, so we know that a great idea can come from anywhere. We are committed to hiring the best-fitting team members who amplify our craftsmanship and inspire us all to grow.
- Honesty/Humility: Integrity matters We have the self-reflection to hold ourselves accountable and support those who also hold themselves accountable. Be transparent to build trust and a team that is empowered to be bold and authentic. We trust our team members and their feedback.
The Senior Designer, Combat position is responsible for collaborating with other designers and disciplines to design and document multiplayer RPG, action-based game combat in the Design department for our unannounced project at Dimensional Ink Studios reporting to the Design Director.
This Position Will Be Responsible For
- Creation of NPC AI and player character classes
- Design, develop and maintain combat systems
- Creating strong design proposals and combat system specifications
- Construction of abilities and mechanics that interact dynamically and drive excited meta gameplay
What Craft Expertise You’ll Have
- Tools/Technology /Knowledge
- Required: Unreal 4, visual scripting
- Desired: Knowledge of current gaming trend, programming, or scripting experience
- Craft Experience
- Required: Exemplary data entry and management of game database assets, with strong understanding of stat curves, player progression systems, and gameplay loops
- Years of Experience: 5+ years Game Designer preferred
- Desired: Strong experience developing for a live product, 1 shipped MMO, Action or RPG title preferred
- Additionally, you should possess
- Proven ability to manage time, self-organize, and meet deadlines
- Strong communication
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Growth Mindset
We invite you to get in the game with us and help us make exciting experiences!
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment, bring your dog to work with you.
Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the Workplace.
Employment Agencies: Please do not contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Daybreak Games or any of our affiliated studios, we encourage you to apply directly on our website. Daybreak Game Company values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews, and falsified offer letters.
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company's People & Culture team at [email protected] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.