Are you ready to combine your love of video games with your love for negotiating a great development agreement? This is a rare opportunity to join the business team at a rapidly-growing premier game developer. Demiurge Studios is looking for a business-savvy industry professional to identify and cultivate new partnerships with publishers, licensors, and other developers. You will also work directly with studio leadership on portfolio planning and new game strategy.
- Collaborate with the product and design teams on the creation and presentation of new game pitches.
- Relationship management for existing customers.
- Research new game market opportunities.
- Studio scenario planning with CFO and CEO.
- Develop sales forecasts for new games.
- Contract negotiation and administration.
- Source and negotiate licensing agreements.
- Attend conferences.
- Form and share opinions about the state of the industry and market trends.
- Oversee studio (non-game) PR/marketing efforts.
- Reports directly to the chief strategy officer.
- MBA or equivalent business experience.
- Prior experience pitching new game projects.
- Slightly lower-than-normal distaste for PowerPoint than the average game maker.
Preference For Candidates With
- Strong existing network within the games business.
- Prior IP licensing experience.
- Prior financial planning experience.
Demiurge Studios is a rapidly growing video game developer based in Boston, MA. Creating games is our passion and we bring years of expertise to our projects. The teams at Demiurge build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry game companies. In that capacity, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.