ABOUT OUR STUDIO
Our headquarters is where the gaming culture and Southern California lifestyle meet, creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. Daybreak San Diego is the home of Darkpaw Games, creators of the legendary EverQuest and EverQuest II games. This is also the home of Rogue Planet Games, developer of the award-winning MMOFPS PlanetSide 2.
The perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, as well as on-site fitness classes, game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator) are just some of the ways that make working at Daybreak (San Diego) exciting! Working here is about being part of a community.
Darkpaw Games is seeking a detail oriented Technical Writer that loves EverQuest! You will be tasked to edit, update, and write internal guides about large events within EverQuest.
Teamwork and a professional attitude are key in this role. Communication skills, both written and verbal must be professional and accurate especially since you will also be interfacing with development and marketing in a remote work environment. Strong interpersonal skills are very important as well as you will be working with the development leads.
The ideal candidate will have previous professional technical writing experience, experience playing EverQuest, and available to work 40 hours a week Monday to Friday. This is a work from home opportunity.
- Edit and expand existing internal documentation on "Epic Quests" within EverQuest
- Confirm that the existing documentation aligns to the player facing experience
- Add additional information to documentation required by Game Designers, Customer Service Representatives, and other internal groups
- Create, edit, and update internal documentation for live events
- Work closely with Game Designers and Marketing
- Identify opportunities to improve the documentation for clarity and expediency in searching
What craft expertise you'll have:
- Knowledge and experience as a player in the game EverQuest
- Basic understanding and experience with SQL
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of Confluence
- Proven experience or a degree in Technical Writing
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Ability to work with deadlines
- Ability to integrate their ideas with others, and constantly incorporate feedback into their writing.
We invite you to get in the game with us and help us make exciting experiences!
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Daybreak Game Company LLC is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for blockbuster hits and franchises such as DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, EverQuest®, and Dungeons and Dragons Online®, Daybreak creates, develops, and provides compelling online entertainment for millions of gamers worldwide. We are the game publisher for Darkpaw Studios, Rogue Planet Gaming Studio, Dimensional Ink Games, and Standing Stone Games. To top it off, we are making games in three of the coolest cities in the United States: San Diego, Austin, and Boston. We make games that bring people together and build lasting communities and are totally devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience!
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants for social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company's People & Culture team at [email protected] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
**Daybreak Game Company, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**