As a Senior Level Designer based in Frankfurt you will be working closely with the Lead Level Designer, Assistant Content Director and the Art team to build Locations and Sandbox experiences for Star Citizen. You will take part in building everything from small outposts to large sprawling cities across multiple planets, moons, and solar systems. Together with the Artists you will be at the core of building out our Sandbox experience and bring the universe to life!
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What does a Senior Level Designer at CIG do?
- Work closely with Game Designers and Artists in building a wide range of great locations for the Star Citizen universe.
- Drive the gameplay intent of the sandbox experience as well as implementing dynamic puzzles and traversal challenges with a systemic approach.
- Prototype level interactions, puzzles, challenges, events and layouts of modular content.
- Work closely with your fellow Level Designers, helping and mentoring junior members and participate in creating a collaborate atmosphere within the team.
- Work with the tools team to provide feedback and end user experiences for location tools and procedural content.
What do we expect from our Senior Level Designer?
- Experience in developing and shipping AAA title/titles and understanding the process of building levels/locations from concept to final.
- Excellent knowledge of Game Editors and block out tools with a strong emphasis on 3D blockouts and location flow.
- Technical experience working with advanced editor tools and modular/procedural content.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working across disciplines.
- Experience with working on open world multiplayer games.
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.