Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a Loyalty Marketing Manager to join us in our Austin, TX studio. Our Marketing team builds and maintains the most passionate and engaged player community in gaming, with millions of players contributing to and assisting in the ongoing development of Star Citizen, the industry’s most ambitious game that will deliver a persistent universe of unprecedented scale and unlimited possibilities. We are seeking a marketing manager who can own all aspects of creating and nurturing a loyal and thriving player base, with primary ownership responsibility for our optional subscription program as well as our VIP program. The person who will thrive in this role understands that success means creating a mutually beneficial, ongoing relationship with our players predicated on delivering value and meeting the needs of our community. This role will be empowered to drive strategy around how we engage with our players and create long-term sustainable relationships with them so they become loyal players within our community for years to come.
- The role will be accountable for the success of our subscription and VIP programs
- Be the domain expert on base practices for creating and cultivating long-term customer loyalty and customer relationship building
- Be the authority on creating and sustaining customer loyalty
- Advocate for subscribers and VIP customers
- Manage both the strategic and month-to-month programming and offerings for our subscription programs, which deliver exclusive digital content and value to monthly subscribers of the Star Citizen project
- Work regularly with our product development teams to ideate, shepherd, and deliver value-driven content, including in-game content, to our subscribers on a monthly basis
- Work with our CRM department to deliver personalized communication to grow our passionate audiences, drive campaigns and minimize churn rate
- Be able to context switch between managing successful, mutually rewarding relationships around monetization or engagement, or both
- Contribute to the key goals of the Marketing Team in engaging, nurturing, and earning loyalty in our global player base
- Manage our Concierge and subscription programs both holistically and strategically
- Attend regular staff meetings to represent the voice of our most loyal players and provide key insights about the VIP and subscription experience including feedback, concerns, and customer needs
- For new and existing services, work closely with Marketing Managers to develop existing customer opportunities
- Define, communicate, and maintain the highest standards of customer service
- Indirectly supervise the VIP Support Team to ensure that the luxury lifestyle experience is consistently provided for all players
- Maintain, analyze, and communicate interpreted results of weekly, monthly, and annual KPI reports
- And other such duties and responsibilities as assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
- 3-5 years of experience managing loyalty or subscription programs
- Proven track record of growing revenues and engagement within loyalty or subscription programs
- Experience working with geo-distributed teams across different time zones
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Proven ability to lead and inspire a team and cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to impart focus by developing clear goals and priorities
- Experience in white-glove customer satisfaction and service
- Ability to see connections and when to engage with key partners
- Strong analytical approach, leveraging data and insights to inform strategy and business decisions
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects while maintaining a clear sense of priorities
- Ability to quickly see the immediate and potential downstream impact of decisions
This position is offered at our Austin studio by Cloud Imperium Games. We will consider applicants for our Los Angeles studio, although the majority of the teams this position would interface with our in Austin, TX.
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Covid-19 Hiring Update
During the pandemic we transitioned to a temporary work-from-home model. We are now working through a gradual return to office plan as improvements of the COVID-19 situation will allow. We’re continuing to interview and hire during this time and while Cloud Imperium is overall an in-office operating company, some roles will start out remotely and others will be in-office from day one of employment. As a general policy, we have a Flexitime policy arrangement that allows for some remote working if and when it meets the needs of the role and the company. The details can be discussed during the interview stage. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you. Also, we follow mask requirements as they keep being updated per local regulations when in studio and we're also requiring full vaccination in order to work in studio.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.