At CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, our mission is to create world-class interactive entertainment experiences. Located in one of the biggest video game hubs in the world, Vancouver, Canada, we are an inclusive multi-national team of driven and talented professionals that fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration and honest conversations. We push gameplay boundaries. We build unforgettable narratives and stories. We make some of the best and most revered video games on the planet. Join us!
CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver is looking for an experienced multiplayer programmer to add to their team. The position is based in Burnaby, British Columbia, but involves close collaboration with development teams in Poland. You will be responsible for coordinating multiplayer requirements and designing and implementing cutting-edge networking solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of C++ coding principles and practices with at least 3 years of professional experience
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the games industry
- Good understanding of the problem of lag, prediction and correction
- Experience with first-person perspective games (especially shooters)
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- Understanding of network protocols such as HTTP, TCP & UDP
- Knowledge of client/server architectures and the full network stack
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently when required
- Excellent communication skills: We have a multilingual and multicultural working environment and the ability to communicate across language and time zone barriers is essential.
- Competitive salary with project-based bonuses
- Full health Benefits with an HSA account
- Responsible work-life balance with flexible hours and paid overtime
- 26 days of paid vacation per year
- A modern indie-style studio with a relaxed atmosphere working on high-budget AAA Games
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team
- Office located near transit and bike routes