This position is available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) at Bungie, you will use your software engineering expertise to help architect, build and operate Bungie's most critical infrastructure. The SRE discipline at Bungie is comprised of talented engineers focused on making reliability a feature across the organization.
Bungie SREs are embedded with service engineers, systems engineers, operations, and product owners to maintain and improve Bungie’s online worlds. You’ll not only get to know our current services, you’ll help improve them! Our goal is to create more reliable online experiences for our players while helping Bungie deliver on our studio’s core purpose: "We create worlds that inspire friendship."
- Develop and implement metrics and automation to improve availability and reduce manual effort
- Learn and promote core SRE principles within Bungie (e.g. SLO - Service Level Objectives, SLI - Service Level Indicators, etc.)
- Collaborate with teams to help define how future products are deployed, monitored, and operate
- Communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Experience writing and maintaining backend microservices in a high concurrency server architecture.
- Willingness to be part of a “we” culture where you work well with others to reach common goals— “Teams are stronger than heroes” is one of the core Bungie values
- Working knowledge of how to apply CI/CD principals to large scale production workloads
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) Practices (Ansible, Terraform, Pulumi, etc.)
- Familiarity with SRE core principles (e.g. SLO, SLA, SLI, Error Budget, etc.)
- Willing to manage 1-2 engineers
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.