Do you love playing games, but love breaking them even more? Do you spend time picking apart game systems in order to understand them better? Or maybe to break them? Are you proud when you do break a game? We may have a job for you!
Bungie is looking for Testers who meet the rare criteria of being able to both push games to the limit with their creative ad-hoc approach and still understand how to execute a rigorous test pass against a well-understood system. Quality Assurance Testers at Bungie should constantly be thinking about the player experience and should leverage that approach to help us find the bugs that will negatively impact the players’ enjoyment of Destiny. This will require a strong desire to move between a wide range of complex game systems, an excitement to continuously learn them, but the results will speak for themselves when players get to experience the high-quality, polished game thanks to your efforts.
Estimated Duration: Up to 12 Months
This position is available for remote work anywhere in the United States.
- Coordinate with a Test Lead to direct your day-to-day testing
- Log excellent bugs with a deep attention to detail
- Utilize your amazing communication skills to explain complex issues to stakeholders
- Other test responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills when describing technical issues
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to find root causes of issues efficiently and intelligently
- Experienced gamer (FPS or MMO) including a solid foundation as a Destiny player
- Accurate and quick execution of manual test cases and ad-hoc testing
- Ability to work independently and with teammates
- Strong organizational skills
- Software testing experience
- Video game QA (Developer or Publisher side)
- Ability to interpret game systems and use that knowledge to create exploits
- Previous experience working on shipped console or PC titles
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.