Lead Technical Animator
As a Lead Technical Animator at Build A Rocket Boy, you will be the bridge between Animation, Code and Design to develop and maintain Animation systems that will ultimately benefit and enhance the animation quality of our game. We are looking for a true leader; an individual with a passion for the creative and technical aspects of game animation, someone who likes problem solving with a creative technical mindset.
We are looking for exceptional candidates that will play a significant role in building a new AAA game.
We are an iterative development studio, and you will be working on a fluid environment with competing demands. We believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
- Collaborate with Animation, Code and Design teams to achieve the look and feel of the desired animations style in-game.
- Review and offer constructive feedback to the team’s work routinely.
- Lead the Technical Animation team by fostering a culture around sharing knowledge and technical support.
- Create and maintain documentation for internal and external use.
- Develop innovative solutions for difficult animation problems.
- Coach and mentor members of the animation team and maintain a good relationship with other departments.
- Proactively solve problems, delays, and risks as well as champion new processes, tools, and methodologies to deliver the team’s objectives.
- Escalate priority matters in a timely and professional manner.
- Optimize the implement animation workflows. Bridging the gap between UE4 and Maya.
- Previous experience in games development, preferably with at least 1 titles title under your belt as a Lead Technical Animator or 2/3 titles as a Senior Technical Animator with involvement in technical animation.
- Strong knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder.
- Understanding and knowledge of procedural runtime animation solutions such as IK/retargeting/ragdoll.
- Scripting/programming languages such as Python/C++/C#/Blueprints experience is desirable.
- Knowledgeable of current and emerging animation technologies in animation.
- Experience with Popular engines, preferably Unreal 4.
- Knowledge of animation principles and the processes involved in creating them.
- Able to take ownership and drive technical solutions independently and/or within a team.
- Thorough knowledge of Animation Graphs, Blend Trees and State Machines implementation and maintenance.
- Understanding and implementation of procedural animation systems to reduce workload and improve believability/readability of characters in-game.