Senior User Researcher
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players, which is a responsibility shared across the company. Blizzard’s Games User Research team is a close-knit group; we care about sharing knowledge, learning about players’ experiences, actionable findings, and succeeding together. We genuinely love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us. If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
Join the ranks of a legendary force of adventurers, demons, orcs, and scientists to help provide the context and humanity of "why" and "how" our players engage with our games.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Senior User Researcher to oversee and lead the user research effort for our Battle.net and Online Products team. You will be responsible for amplifying the voice of players from around the world by leading the effort of turning hard data into compelling stories, helping craft the flow of our platform experience, and be in the thick of team efforts to build great platform experiences.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Lead the strategy, design, and orchestration of study activities, ensuring quality standards are maintained and built upon overtime
- Oversee and execute generative and evaluative research using a number of methods including, but not limited, to usability testing, focus groups, interviews, surveys, heuristic evaluations, card sorts, exploratory research, and field studies Provide summarized research directly to the development teams for discussion and future implementation
- Provide design suggestions based on observation, research, and expertise.
- Communicate with Senior project leadership in a tactful and persuasive manner generating buy-in and prioritizing research projects
- Maintain the master research schedule for products in the portfolio, working with departmental leadership to prioritize and execute research initiatives
- Coach and mentor Jr. researchers and design staff as they execute highly impactful research initiatives
- Evangelize User Research philosophy and share knowledge of methods and best practices with stakeholders
- Identify process and communication improvements for the discipline
- Liaise with Design, BI, and Commercial to collaborate and sync on research efforts
- Utilize and suggest new data sources to contextualize analysis and recommendations
- Maintain detailed records of study details
- Upgrade and maintain lab equipment as necessary
- Graduate degree in psychology, human-computer interaction, human factors, marketing, communications, market research, or related field
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in user research or comparable field
- Prior experience owning all research on a shipped or live product
- Excellent interpersonal communication (both written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Proven ability to translate research findings into actionable product improvements
- Adaptable self-starter that enjoys tackling a large variety of problems, both tactical and abstract
- Real passion for user testing and video games
- Skilled in project management practices and tools
- High aptitude for ecommerce, social, live operations, and regional considerations
- Experience with user research tools such as UserZoom or UserTesting.com
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us