3D Environment Artist
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and well-rounded 3D Environment Artist to join us on an unannounced Warcraft mobile project!
For this opportunity, we are looking for a creative, agile, and passionate 3D modeler who has a strong sense of asset readability in the context of mobile gameplay. We’re a nimble, ambitious team and we’re hoping to find someone who is excited to help us create stylized and performant environments. A collaborative mindset with great communication skills are also qualities we are looking for so that as a team we can capture the fun and immersive standard that we hope to achieve with every Blizzard title!
If you feel you could be a great fit for this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in professional game development as an environment artist.
- High proficiency level with Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter and Photoshop.
- Experience making aesthetically beautiful and performant 3D game assets.
- Experience with game art optimization.
- At least one shipped title (any platform).
- Strong collaborative skills with multiple groups in game development (design, engineering, production, QA).
- A passionate, positive, and problem-solving mindset for game development.
- Experience with mobile game development.
- Experience working with the Unity game engine.
- 2D concepting skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Warcraft art style.
Required Application Materials:
- Resume with cover letter.
- Online portfolio of professional 3D work (personal work is also a plus).
- An art test if requested.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!