Bethesda Game Studios is looking for talented Engine Programmers to join our team that is pushing the bleeding-edge of RPG development for the PC and consoles. Programmers will work closely with artists, lead engine programmers, designers and producers to implement and optimize game features.
- Writes clear, maintainable, highly functional code and portable C++ code;
- Plans and designs code in collaboration with team members;
- Enjoys jumping into lots of different systems, tackling everything from entire systems to random tasks;
- Supports and maintains existing systems;
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude;
- Accurately estimates his/her schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule;
- Provide technical expertise to develop cutting-edge technologies to include: architecture, design, prototype, implement, test, debug, document, profile, maintain, and support;
- Review codes from other team members.
- 4+ years game industry C++ development programming experience with at least 3+ years of engine experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Very strong C++ design and coding experience;
- Experience in building multithreaded, real-time systems;
- Experience writing systems balancing performance and maintainability;
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability;
- Experience profiling and optimizing both CPU and GPU utilization;
- Experience with game editor plugins/modification;
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Must work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks;
- Passion for making GREAT games;
- Experience playing previous Bethesda Games Studios games.
- Experience with animation, 3D graphics, audio, AI, or gameplay programming;
- Development experience on game consoles (Xbox One/PS4).