Bethesda Game Studios is looking for a talented Automated Testing Programmer to join our team that is pushing the bleeding-edge of RPG development for the PC and consoles. You will work closely with lead programmers and producers to test game features and develop automated solutions that help production teams in all departments to take a proactive approach to quality assurance.
- Writes clear, maintainable, highly functional code and portable C++ code;
- Plans and designs code in collaboration with team members;
- Continuous development on internal game engine testing functionalities;
- Ensure continuous automation of tests;
- Investigate/fix bugs reported by automated tests;
- Designs and develops additional tools to improve development workflow;
- Enjoys jumping into lots of different systems, tackling everything from entire systems to random tasks;
- Supports and maintains existing systems;
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude;
- Accurately estimates his/her schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule;
- Provide technical expertise to develop cutting-edge technologies to include: architecture, design, prototype, implement, test, debug, document, profile, maintain, and support;
- Review codes from other team members.
- 3+ years game industry C++ development programming experience with at least 3+ years of engine experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Very strong C++ design and coding experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability;
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Must work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks;
- Passion for making GREAT games;
- Experience playing previous Bethesda Games Studios games.
- Experience with gameplay programming
- Development experience on game consoles
- Experience with build automation software like Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.
- Experience working in Linux environment
- Experience working on cloud infrastructure (AWS/GCP/Azure)
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.