(Closed) Principal Artist
Are you an experienced 3D artist looking for a new challenge? AntiMatter Games are looking for a Principal artist to work alongside internal and external artists to produce art for our in-house UE4 projects ‘83 and I.G.I.: Origins.
This Art role also requires collaboration with dept leads and producers regarding goals, expectations, setting production standards, as well as mentorship and training of the art team. Assistance in working with external partners also required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing the production of photorealistic art assets for use in both ‘83 and IGI: Origins
- Liaising with Production and internal art team to ensure that assets are delivered
- Working with dept leads to give internal and external feedback
- Collaborate with a team of diverse outsourcers and internal artists to deliver great game art
- Research and experiment with art tool, assist in art creation pipelines
- Ability to create stunning in game content
- Select, evaluate and maintain relationships with a portfolio of specialised outsourced art partners
- Test and correct artistic designs made using the game engine/software.
- Support and train users in the software and development tools such as 3DS Max / Unreal / Substance.
- Examine existing software tools and pipelines for streamlining outsourcing and Company needs.
- Developing production content with the ability to plan and maintain documents and databases.
- Identify and determine what content and services need to be sourced from external vendors.
- Negotiating prices and contracts with external partners.
- Arranging and taking part in quality assurance of incoming content and ensures suppliers deliver on time.
- Interviewing potential suppliers and representatives while also identifying new products and partners.
- A keen eye for art quality and technical knowledge pertaining to its presentation, optimization and implementation
- A history of 3D game art production with a mindset geared towards individual deliverables
- Experience documenting for and coordinating with Outsourcing
- Great communication skills in both written and spoken English
- R&D experience working with dept leads defining art pipelines, best practices.
- Ability to explain advanced art techniques with the team
- A clear ability to maintain art development databases
- Love for Fps games
- Knowledge of Shotgun or similar asset delivery/review tools
- Familiarity with JIRA
- Knowledge of Substance / Quixel suite
- A knowledge of Perforce version control systems and depot management
Antimatter Games is Cornwall’s largest game development studio. We developed Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and the critically acclaimed sequel Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. We are currently busy developing first person tactical shooter ‘83 as well as working on a currently unannounced project.
Working for Antimatter means working on exciting and innovative video games every day! We have a strong company culture, where our employees are encouraged to have an excellent work life balance. We want to support our team to become the best developers they can be, whatever their department.
At Antimatter Games we believe you can have your cake and eat it! You shouldn’t have to live in the city smog or endure hours of expensive public transport to make great video games. This position is an exciting opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful, idyllic places by the sea in the UK – where the cost of living is far better than the city – and to be part of a talented team as we continue to grow and work on ambitious projects!
Falmouth is home to our studio. It has been voted one of the top places to live in the whole of the UK, loved for its vibrant arts & creative atmosphere, with lots of great events being held throughout the year.
On weekends and evenings our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beach combing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera. On rainy days you might find a friendly game of Dungeons & Dragons or a book to read by the fireplace. Sometimes we also play video games!