Amazon Games is looking for a full time Software Development Engineer with strong talent and expertise building multiple areas of technology. As part of the Quality Assurance organization supporting New World, you will engineer automated testing solutions, infrastructure, and tools which will streamline both development and testing.
Automated testing is a venture that few companies within the video game industry pursue. As such, you will be in a unique position to pioneer and advance the testing discipline for games. As we explore this vast area, we strive to build world-class automation and tools which integrate seamlessly with functional QA and data analytics across the New World team. Our success is to ensure quality releases which will delight our New World customers.
New World is an Open World MMO set in the wilderness of Aeternum, a mysterious island in the twilight of the Age of Exploration. Players will explore the stunning natural setting and adventure through the supernatural.
Key job responsibilities
- Design and implement automated testing frameworks and infrastructure.
- Work directly with the game teams to increase automated testing coverage and validation of new features.
- Leverage AWS technologies to solve the needs of QA and development.
- Streamline reporting, ensuring that the right people have the necessary information to make the actionable decisions pertaining to product quality.
About the team
Our team emphasizes work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We are dedicated to supporting your career development and skills growth. We are a multi-disciplinary team with a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and ownership across all team members.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 2+ automation frameworks created for testing different technologies (Services, Websites, Mobile, Desktop, Consoles, Games, etc).
- 2+ years of experience participating in focused Quality Assurance efforts.
- Knowledge of test methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, build systems, and the product development cycle.
- Experience in devising and executing test solutions for game services and technical features, especially with regards to load, performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
- Game development experience demonstrable across 1-2 product lifecycles.
- Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
- Experience with large scale services, distributed systems, cloud computing, and databases.
- Experience working in an Kanban, Agile, and/or Test Driven Development environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.