343 Industries is looking for a Customization Art Lead to join our team, working on the future of our latest acclaimed release, Halo Infinite! We are looking for an experienced Art leader to oversee our Customization Art content for our seasonal releases and beyond.
In this role you will partner with leads across the studio to understand our design and business goals, then establish our customization content needs. You will be responsible for ensuring quality execution, both artistically and technically for our Customization Art, this spans a broad range content including Spartan Armors, Coatings, Vehicle and Weapon modules, custom player FX and Animations.
A strong organizational mindset will be important to oversee large scale content production, involving hundreds of assets, across different releases and involving many disciplines and teams. You will need to be an effective collaborator and communicator, who is comfortable working across our large development team. This will include working with internal teams and building and maintaining strong external development relations, providing direction and feedback to keep those teams on track.
If this sounds like you and you want to join a passionate and driven team, investing big in an exciting future, then come work with us!
- Oversee Customization Art Content across our experiences, ensuring quality execution and timely delivery
- Partner with Art Leads and Production to develop sustainable & scalable development plans for customization assets, with the agility to quickly adapt to product needs
- Work to establish the best division of work across internal and external teams to optimize for quality, cost and sustainability for various asset types
- Establish strong end to end processes and pipelines for Customization Art content
- In conjunction with production, establish, build and maintain development partnerships with a variety of external developers
- Interface regularly with these external partners, providing clear feedback, prioritization, and direction
- Work with our analytics team to understand player trends and sentiment to ensure we are building Art content which excites and delights our community
- Develop Artistic vision for the future of customization in conduction with Art Direction & Experience Leadership
- Experience working as a 3D Artist for one or more shipped game title
- 5+ years of experience in video game and/or VFX industry
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Experience with organic and hard surface modelling, including characters, weapons and vehiclesPrior experience
- working in PBR and knowledge of texture and material development techniques, pipelines and software
- Prior experience working on customization for AAA games and passion for player expression
- Experience working with and managing large scale content production and partnering with external developers and outsourcing companies
- Expertise in one or more AAA game engines and broad knowledge of industry software including Maya and Photoshop
- Ability to learn new workflows and software quickly and experience training Artists on techniques, process and workflows
- An organizational mindset with passion around efficiency and process
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to partner well with a wide variety of people and disciplines
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away