Street Fighter 6’s release date has been leaked
by Danny Craig ·
Capcom’s upcoming Street Fighter 6 will reportedly come out on June 2, 2023, according to an updated listing on the PlayStation Store.
- Twitter user @bestbrosplay3 shared images showing an updated listing in the PlayStation Store for Street Fighter 6. All versions of the title will supposedly be available on June 2, 2023, with no early access period.
- Alongside the images, the user also shared a short video showing the three different editions that will be on offer. These consist of standard, deluxe, and ultimate versions of the game.
- While all editions include a character outfit color, titles, and stickers, those players who purchase the deluxe or ultimate editions of the game will also be granted access to the Year 1 Character Pass—or Ultimate Pass—respectively.
- Luke, a DLC character from Street Fighter 5, appears to be Capcom’s choice for the game’s store art, with the iconic Ryu being unusually absent.
- It’s almost guaranteed that the game’s official release date will be announced at The Game Awards on December 8, starting at 8pm ET/5pm PT.
What do we know about Street Fighter 6 so far?
- Capcom revealed the 18-character roster of new and returning faces for Street Fighter 6 back in September. 11 of the characters can be viewed on the Street Fighter website complete with bios, sound clips, and screenshots of them in action.
- All eight World Warriors from the classic Street Fighter II are making a return, alongside mainstays Cammy and Dee Jay. Super Street Fighter 4’s Juri and Street Fighter 5’s DLC fighter, Luke, will make an appearance, with six new characters making their debut.
- Street Fighter 6 will feature a brand new single-player mode called World Tour. Players will be given the opportunity to explore, quest, and battle as a custom character complete with items to equip and moves to master.