Senior Software Engineer 1
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games - CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker – span some of the fastest growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Social Casino and Invest Express.
Come join us, thrive, take risks and dream big to shape the future of the fastest growing gaming platform – mobile.
We take great pride in our craft, delivering a high quality service to millions of players every single day. Collaboration is a critical part of how we get there. We believe that with an all-in approach we can deliver a better product, make better decisions, and champion a better work environment. Everyone here is committed to making our games the best experience for our players.
You will be part of the Live game team with Millions of player base. You work will involve solving challenging problems around scalability, performance, exciting features, adopting new technologies and driving innovation. You will work in a fast paced, data driven decision culture. Take strong ownership and be your own CEO
- Follow engineering standard methodologies towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability
- Work on large problems and break it up for others to implement.
- Strong Analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Perform Design and Code reviews.
- Be responsible for the Live game health
- Closely work with other functions like PM, UI/UX, Art, QA
- Mentor Junior Engineers.
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve the game performance.
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes quickly
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Proven fundamental programming skills (algorithms, data structures, OOP, OS, Networking, AWS Cloud)
- Experience with source control management and giving code reviews
- Good Communication skills and Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams (UX, game design, PM) in an agile environment
What We Offer You
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups - Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!