Lead Level Designer
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Lead Level Designer to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
This role will collaborate with design and art leadership of the project to drive level design vision and execution on a major area of the game. This will include the creation of well-composed, functional and fun 3D spaces that challenge existing norms and establish a composition that will serve as the foundation for a growing level design and environment team.
- Drive a critical area of the project’s design
- Build consensus on the level design feature set execution across disciplines
- Alongside fellow design leadership, establish best practices for spatial design, flow and world dynamics, and combat spaces
- Lead your team to create level layouts and flows in collaboration with writers, world builders, and artists
- Mentor more junior level designers and serve as a bastion for the discipline within the company
- Support the leadership team in establishing and role modeling positive processes
- Define quality standards for the team through hands on execution and documentation
- Help determine the optimal workflow for content creation and partner with the tools and tech team on tools development
- 5+ years related experience, including management
- Deeply creative with broad gameplay design knowledge and expert level design proficiency
- Ability to drive collaboration and consensus across multiple disciplines
- Strong organization, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience with combat, open world, or mission design in a AAA game
- Comfortable with a development schedule that is playtest-driven and focused on iteration and polish
- Strong methodology and problem-solving ability
- Previous work experience with 3D world and level building tools such as UE4, Unity, etc.
- Scripting experience, either in visual or other forms