ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for an Animation Engineer to develop a robust in-game animation system in our new engine for the studio’s next AAA project. In this position you will work side-by-side with Technical Artists, Animators, and Gameplay Engineers. You will own the animation pipeline from artist workstation all the way to fluid and responsive in-game characters.
The preferred location for this role is Hunt Valley, MD, Austin, TX, Madison, WI, San Diego, CA, or Seattle, WA. Will consider remote.
- Deep knowledge of real-time animation systems.
- Experience with one or more real-time animation middleware (e.g.: Havok Animation, Granny, Morpheme) or equivalent custom/in-house solutions
- Experience developing or working with animation blend graphs, real-time IK, animation compression, and/or advanced animation memory management (streaming)
- Self-motivated and energetic team player with a strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Enjoys working daily with animators and technical artists to help craft solutions to complex problems
- 3+ years game industry software development experience
- Robust programming skills/experience in C++
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Strong technical knowledge of Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC
- Experience with animation systems in network games
- Generalist experience or prior experience in other core areas of game development, such as UI or gameplay programming
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience