(Closed) Senior Software Developer - Unity
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That's where you come in!
The Senior Software Engineer - Unity is responsible for crafting and implementing client technology for MTG Arena. In this role, you will collaborate with a team of other developers, designers and artists working with the latest technologies including cloud and Unity, in an agile environment that promotes freedom of thought and rewards innovative ideas and creative solutions. You will also be responsible for clearly communicating technology designs and decisions within the team.
What You'll Do
- Designs and implement solutions for MTG Arena in alignment with architectural designs and program needs.
- Implement functional specifications on targeted platform and languages
- Communicate and iterate on technical development with the team and help troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise in production environments
- Provide reasonable estimates of time and materials required to complete vision and scope goals outlined by Development Manager
- Perform literate programming, using adequate commenting and documentation tools and write readable and maintainable code
- Embrace industry standard and team-specific coding practices
- Responsible for code reviews, unit testing, troubleshooting / analysis of your and other team member code
- Develop client systems and help others to build those systems
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of object-oriented design experience
- 5+ years building, developing and shipping games on multiple platforms (Windows, iOS, Android, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience working on client side of a client/server architecture, and working with Unity3D development, C# and .NET
- Solid understanding of Unity toolset and plugins
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in various roles
- Mentors and guides junior-level team members to improve in quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.